Everyone loves Halloween and its spooky atmosphere. In New York City, locals and visitors celebrate this holiday with more than just enthusiasm, hosting the world’s greatest Halloween Parade. So, if you’re ready to attend Halloween festivities after arriving at JFK, start planning your chilling trip.
Aside from getting some insider tips on all things Halloweeny in NYC, you also need to deal with formal arrangements such as scheduling reliable JFK airport car service for a more comfortable trip to and around New York.
How do People Celebrate Halloween in NYC?
Every fan of Halloween will love spending time in NYC during this time of the year. Locals really know how to take things up a notch, making every Halloween count. There are plenty of fun things to do in the city during the weekend of Halloween. And since Halloween is on Thursday this year, there’s no doubt that the weekend after will be marked by shades of orange.
As for specific events you can look forward to, here are a few:
- Dressing up in a costume shop. Before going out to celebrate Halloween with other enthusiasts, you know what you need to do – put on the best costume you can find. Don’t worry if you lack ideas because NYC will provide you with a lot of inspiration thanks to its numerous costume shops.
- Visiting a haunted site. There’s nothing more thrilling and chilling than walking around in a haunted house or building, not knowing who might be walking by your side. If you want to visit a famous landmark, the Empire State Building is believed to be haunted by a woman with red lips who throws herself from the building. Spooky, right?
- Partying in a haunted bar. If you want to have a fun night out with a dose of scariness, why don’t you have a drink or two in one of the city’s haunted bars? NYC certainly has more than a few.
- Attending a Halloween dog parade. If your furry buddy is traveling with you, have fun together by dressing up for Halloween. New York City hosts the world’s largest costume parade, so make sure not to miss it.
Where in NYC is the Halloween Parade?
If you’re eager to join the Halloween Parade in NYC, you’re bound to have a whale of a time. As already mentioned, this is one of the biggest Halloween parades in the world and the locals put in a lot of effort into their costumes.
Here are a few pieces of information about the NYC Halloween Parade:
- The parade takes place in Greenwich Village, a part of Lower Manhattan.
- It’s known for its signature puppets that portray a different theme each year.
- The participants parade up Sixth Avenue, starting at 7 pm.
- The number of costumed participants amounts to 50,000.
Where Can I Go Trick or Treating in NYC?
Those who love trick or treating have plenty of places to visit in NYC. Here are some of the most popular neighborhoods for trick or treating:
- Sunnyside Gardens is a Queens community with a charming appeal. The streets are typically closed during Halloween, so you can have fun, enjoy the decorated houses, and get yourself some treats.
- Yorkville is one of the most popular family-friendly neighborhoods of the Upper East Side. The fun starts at Carl Shurz Park where families take photos and enjoy themselves before start trick or treating.
- Kensington is another area not to miss, especially East 4th Street, the spookiest one in the neighborhood. It’s also closed to traffic, so your kids can run around freely. If you’re lucky, you’ll even find a guy who gives out free hotdogs.
Book the Best JFK Airport Car Service & Celebrate Halloween to the Fullest
Not only can we help you make the most of your October visit to NYC, but we can enrich your Halloween traveling experience by taking you anywhere you’d like. Want to attend the parade? Or would you prefer visiting one of the haunted bars? Just say the word and we’ll take you to your destination before you know it.
With us, you can count on maximum convenience and experienced, trained, and vetted chauffeurs who know all the important NHTSA regulations. Just give us a call – we’re always here for your traveling needs!