New York City is a metropolis worth visiting any time of the year. However, experiencing NYC after a long JFK flight might not be as enjoyable if you’re welcomed by heavy rains and freezing weather. So, what should you know about traveling to the Big Apple in October?
Aside from getting some essential tips on getting around the airport, you also need to get some basic information on the weather and activities during the fall season. Scheduling private car service from Newark to JFK can also make your NYC visit more convenient, especially the part to and from the airport.
Is October a Good Time to Visit NYC?
As you already know, New York City has so much to offer that a one-time visit definitely isn’t enough to experience all its charms. What’s more, you’re bound to fall in love with this beautiful metropolis, so there’s no doubt you’ll come back after your October adventure.
Most importantly, there are numerous reasons why visiting NYC in October is a wonderful idea, including:
- The weather. There’s nothing more annoying than visiting a new city only to have rain or scorching sun ruining your experience. October in NYC is characterized by beautifully pleasant, mild weather conditions. You can stroll through the city and enjoy the outdoor attractions feeling completely comfortable.
- The transition period. There’s a significantly lower number of tourists in October, which will make your visit more enjoyable since you won’t have to go through the crowds to visit some of the most popular attractions such as the Statue of Liberty. Yet, although this isn’t the peak season, there are still people who give the city a vibrant vibe.
- October festivities. There are plenty of things to do in New York in October, from attending the NYC Halloween Parade to joining the New York Wine & Food Festival. Of course, other activities, events, and attractions await you, so start planning your schedule!
What Should I Pack for New York in October?
Whether you’re going on a fall vacation or need to attend a three-day conference in NYC, packing efficiently is key to traveling lightly. With the temperature fluctuating between 70 to 50 degrees, it’s important you pack the right types of clothing.
More precisely, you should pack
- A pair of comfortable shoes suitable for exploring the city and unexpected rains. October isn’t a month for boots in NYC.
- Layered outfits are your safest option since you’ll be able to put something on or take it off depending on the weather.
- A light, waterproof jacket is also advisable in combination with both long- and short-sleeved shirts.
- Jeans are also the way to go in October. Tights will keep you warm if you prefer wearing skirts or dresses.
What’s the Best Area to Stay in New York?
When booking your accommodation, there are more than a few factors to consider. For instance, the distance between your hotel and the airport, the vicinity of attractions you want to visit, the overall price of the accommodation and the surrounding stores, etc. Of course, if you book with a trusted transportation company, you’ll have no problem getting from one part of the city to the other.
If you can’t decide on a specific NYC neighborhood, here are a few suggestions:
- For families: Upper West Side is perfect for families with children since it has a lot of museums, playgrounds, parks, and family-friendly accommodation.
- For party-seekers: There’s no better choice than the Meatpacking District! Get ready for numerous cafes, nightclubs, jazz bars, etc.
- For first-timers. You should look no further than the Theater District. Aside from pocket-friendly accommodation options, some of the perks include walking distance, theaters, great public transportation lines, and many others.
Our Premium Car Service from Newark to JFK Guarantees a Memorable October Visit
Your October adventure can be completely worry-free. You just need to schedule your own car service with Imperial Limo Worldwide and leave the rest to us! Whether you need transportation to the airport or some other part of the city, you can rely on us. We know all there is to know about motor vehicle safety requirements and deliver unparalleled service quality.
What’s more, if you need advice on sightseeing, just ask our experienced chauffeurs. They know the area and can give you great tips on experiencing NYC to the fullest. Schedule at your convenience!