LaGuardia is one of the three airports in New York City, welcoming travelers from both domestic and international flights. As one of the busiest airports in the U.S., it certainly requires you to learn a few tricks about getting around, especially if you have some time between your scheduled flights.
Whether you’re visiting or leaving New York City, you may find booking trusted LGA car service to be a simple way to enhance your experience before a long flight. You can also find out what you can do while waiting for your next flight or if you can get some rest at the airport. Simply put, being informed and ready will always take the stress and hassle away from your travel.
Are There Any Flight Delays At LaGuardia Airport?
Although arriving at the airport at least two hours before your flight is a standard practice, you should still try to find out if there are any general flight delays at LGA. This can be a valuable piece of information for planning your flight schedule.
For the most reliable flight information, you can always rely on the Air Traffic Control System Command Center. According to their most recent update on general LGA airport delays, here’s what you need to know:
- Destination-specific delays: There are no reports on such delays at LGA.
- General delays for arriving flights: Taxi and gate hold delays are up to 15 minutes.
- General delays for departing flights: Airborne delays for arrival traffic is up to 15 minutes.
Can You Sleep At LaGuardia Airport?
If you happen to arrive at LGA late in the evening and you haven’t made any arrangements, or you’ve missed the last flight from LGA, you may be wondering can you stay at the airport overnight. It’s not uncommon for people to spend the entire night at an airport, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The airside will be closed. This means that you won’t be able to stay in the secure airport area, so you will have to spend the night in the public area – the landside.
- Prepare for a cooler temperature. The airport is typically cooler during the night, so if you’re planning to stay overnight, you should bring warm clothes or even a blanket.
- Bring earplugs and a sleep mask. Although the airport is less noisy during the night, you still may be kept awake by announcements, so be ready. Also, lighting is most likely to stay on.
- Stock up on snacks and water. Food concessions aren’t typically open 24/7, so make sure to prepare your own supplies.
- Consider booking accommodation. There are more than a few hotels nearby, so if you want to get some rest, take a refreshing shower, and simply unwind, make a reservation. If you also book car service, getting to and from your accommodation will be hassle-free.
Our Services :
What Can You Do At A Layover At LaGuardia Airport?
There are a few great ideas for making the most of your time on a layover at LGA. Here are the best things you can do:
- Relax in the lounge. You can simply sit back, listen to music, read your favorite book, or chat with your fellow traveler.
- Get something to eat. This is a great time to recharge your batteries over some food. You have plenty of options, so take your pick.
- Explore the city’s attractions. If you have a lot of time to spend between your flights, you can go sightseeing. There are some attractions located in the vicinity, including the Queens Zoo.
Book The Best Airport Limo Service In New York For A World-Class LGA Experience
Imperial Limo Worldwide is your top choice for airport transportation in New York City and beyond. We’re the leading LGA car service, so if you want to get to LGA on time, our experienced and qualified chauffeurs are at your disposal.
Furthermore, we can also take you to any destination in NYC, so if you’re planning to see the 4th of July fireworks or attend a movie screening at the Bryant Park Film Festival next year, just book with us. We can also provide you with car service for your visit to the Hamptons at any time of the year. Let us know how we can assist you – contact us today!