This year, New York City will host one of the greatest Gay Pride celebrations so far. Millions of LGBTQ community members will gather to celebrate love and fill the city’s streets with rainbow colors. So, if you’re ready to join and support the 50th March and anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, there are a few things you should know if you want to experience Pride Week close to LaGuardia Airport and beyond.
If you decide to book full-service LGA EWR shuttle, you’ll be able to arrange transportation to other parts of the city with your preferred company. What’s more, you might be able to attend other NYC events during May and June, including going to Memorial Day Parade or visiting the JVC Jazz Festival. But first, let’s prepare for Pride Week!
Where is the Gay Pride Parade in NYC?
No matter what mood you’re in, there are numerous events you can attend in NYC during Pride Week. They will take place all over the city, so you’ll have a variety of festive options to choose from.
However, the main event is the Gay Pride Parade as the world’s biggest Pride celebration. It will take place on 26th Street and 5th Avenue, so start planning your visit to this part of the city. The Parade will continue down to Eighth Street and the Stonewall National Monument. Afterward, LGBTQ community members and supporters will walk up Seventh Avenue and finish their march at 23rd Street.
Of course, for a more detailed route, you can always find a map online and book your car service accordingly. With a first-rate transportation service, you can count on getting to any Pride location without any issue.
Who is Performing at NYC Pride 2019?
Some of the leading figures of Gay Pride communtity will be present at the upcoming events in NYC.
Pride Grand Marshals
NYC Pride has announced Grand Marshals for 2019 to lead the 50th Anniversary of Stonewall Uprising and 50th Pride March:
- Phyll Opoku-Gyimah, also known as Lady Phyll, a prominent representative of numerous institutions and organizations
- Monica Helms, a transgender Navy veteran, activist, author, and the Transgender Pride Flag creator
- The Trevor Project, the largest organization for crisis intervention and suicide prvention for LGBTQ individuals
- Gay Liberation Front, the first LGBTQ activist organization
- Pose, a dance musical casting MJ Rodriguez, Indya Moore, and Dominique Jackson
The host and performers of the Worldwide Opening Ceremony, that will take place at the Brooklyn Barclays Center on June 26, were also presented to the public. Some of them include:
- Whoopi Goldberg, the host of the Ceremony
- Cyndi Lauper, the leading performer of the initial talent line-up release
- Ciara, a singer, songwriter, model, actress, and producer
- Todrick Hall, a signer, rapper, director, actor, and choreographer
As for multi-day Pride Island, the main performers have also been announced, so get ready for:
- Grace Jones, a singer, actress and songwriter as the Saturday headliner, with
- Teyana Taylor, a versatile entertainer
- Pabllo Vittar, Brazil’s famous drag queen
- Amara La Negra, Afro-Latina pop singer
- Johnny Dynell, a popular NYC DJ
What Day is the Pride Parade 2019?
So, when can you attend Gay Pride events and join the Pride March? The Pride March will take place on Sunday, June 30 with the beginning at noon. However, all kinds of events await you during June. Here’s what you can expect:
- Family Movie Night on June 21
- Human Rights Conference on June 24-25
- WorldPride Opening Ceremony on June 26
- Savor Pride on June 28
- Youth Pride on June 29
However, keep in mind that there’s a vast number of other events you can look forward to, so make sure to plan your visit to NYC in detail.
Need a Flexible LGA EWR Shuttle Service for Pride Week? We’re the Ones to Call!
Imperial Limo Worldwide is here to make your NYC visit during Pride Week as memorable and enjoyable as possible. You just need to schedule your service, and we’ll take you wherever you need while also providing you with luxe amenities.
Nothing can prevent our experienced chauffeurs from providing you with a ride of a lifetime. We can help you avoid traffic jams, explore sightseeing locations, and even find out more about the Belmont Stakes. Enjoy Pride Week and other events to the fullest with our top-notch service!