As one of the most popular national holidays in the country, Memorial Day is celebrated in honor of America’s fallen heroes. If you want to take part in this solemn tradition in New York, you can attend one of NYC’s Memorial Day parades close to LaGuardia Airport.
If you’re staying in Long Island City while in New York, you can just hire a trusted car service LGA to Long Island City before joining a parade. This is an efficient and time-saving manner to reach your destination on Memorial Day.
After making yourself comfortable and getting some rest after your flight, you can discover all the attractions that New York City offers on this noble occasion.
Where is the Memorial Day Parade in NYC?
New York City is a big, dynamic metropolis, so it’s not always easy to find your way around and avoid big crowds unless you’re riding with an experienced chauffeur. So, if you’re worried you’ll miss the Memorial Day Parade because you won’t be able to get from one part of the city to another, don’t be. NYC organizes several Memorial Day parades to commemorate the sacrifice of American men and women on the last Monday in May.
You can attend a Memorial Day parade in one of the following boroughs:
- Queens: The largest parade takes place in this area, from Northern Boulevard and Jayson Avenue.
- Brooklyn: A historic parade with a 151-year-long tradition is organized in this borough, starting on Third Avenue and 78th Street.
- Manhattan: The Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Memorial Day Observance starts on 89th Street at 10 a.m.
- Staten Island: In this area, a parade will take place on Forest Avenue, starting at 10 a.m., as well.
- Bronx: If you happen to be in this neighborhood, you can attend a Memorial Day parade on City Island.
Where Should I go for Memorial Day in NYC?
Attending a parade isn’t your only option in New York on Memorial Day. On this day, the city is bristling with energy and celebration, inspiring locals, visitors, and tourists alike. Whether you want to join a festive parade or spend this day in a more private way, any Memorial Day event is an appropriate way to commemorate fallen soldiers.
Here are some of the possible NYC activities you can engage in on Memorial Day:
- Join Memorial Day Parades in one of the five city boroughs
- Visit Coney Island and explore its many attractions
- Attend a Yankees game against San Diego Padres
- Enjoy the annual free Memorial Day Concert
- Pay tribute at the National 9/11 Memorial
- Sign up for a Memorial Walk Tour at Central Park
- Don’t miss Fleet Week events in honor of U.S. Navy
What’s Open on Memorial Day?
If you have other business to take care of on this day, it might be useful to find out what facilities and institutions are closed on Memorial Day. You don’t want to waste your time going to city offices only to find them closed.
According to NYC website, public schools, post offices and city offices are closed. Other government buildings won’t be open either, so you might want to postpone some of your government-related tasks.
Should you need more information, you can always call customer service of the facility you need and inform yourself about their business hours during the holiday.
Rely on us to make your Memorial Day Enjoyable and Elevating
Should you need expert car service from LGA to Long Island City on Memorial Day, there’s only one choice – Imperial Limo Worldwide. We’ll enable you to spend the holiday in a relaxed setting, getting to your desired destinations effortlessly.
We’re a team of professionals who want to provide world-class service to anyone who needs transportation in NYC and beyond. There’s no one more qualified to do so than our chauffeurs who’ve passed our rigorous vetting process.
Aside from Memorial Day services, we’re also here for you on other festive occasions over the following period. You can inform yourself when the Pride Parade takes place, learn more about the Belmont Stakes race or prepare for the upcoming JVC Jazz Festival. Afterward, contact us, share your itinerary and let us take care of the rest.